Forum Discussion

15 days ago

Payroll EOY Finalisation

When my employees go to their My Gov site then onto the ATO, the tax office is saying their 2022/23 tax is "Not Tax Ready". The first thing I did was to go to Single Touch Payroll reporting in my business's MYOB Dashboard site. I can bring up Payroll Year 2023/24, but it does not give me the option of previous years. It is possible I may not have finalised the 2022/23 year in error. Is there a way to review the finalisation status of the 2022/23 year? My emplyees have submitted their tax returns for the 23 tax year without problem. I have not spoken with the tax office yet. 

Andrew

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there simpson39,

Since it's for the payroll year 2022/2023, I highly suggest reaching out to ATO to manually check the finalisation, as the prior years beyond 2023/2024 can no longer be viewed in MYOB. So it would be best to speak to ATO, as they can provide you with further steps regarding your finalisation.

Best regards,

Doreen

• Thank you Doreen

I am using AccountRight Premier. When I go to Single Touch Payroll Reporting in the MYOB Dashboard, there is no Manage STP Submissions. I've attached a snip of what I can see. In the EOFY finalisation, there is a Payroll year drop box. That drop box only gives me the option of the 2023/24 year or the 2024/25 year. There is no option for any earlier years. I am after the 2022/23 year which is not available. As a result, I cannot Remove Finalisation for the 2022/23 year this way.

I have tried removing Finalisation of the 2023/24 year to see if the previous year appeared but unfortuntely it made no difference.

Thank you again

Andrew

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there simpson39,

If you're unsure whether you finalised the payroll year 2022/2023, you can remove and redo the finalisation. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Access Single Touch Payroll (STP) Reporting: Go to the Single Touch Payroll reporting section in your MYOB Dashboard.
    2. Remove Finalisation: Find the finalisation for the 2022/2023 payroll year and remove it.
    3. Redo Finalisation: After removing the finalisation, you can redo it by declaring that the payroll data for the year is complete and correct.

If you’re still unsure about the finalisation status, you can check with the ATO to see if the finalisation has been received and processed. This will help ensure that everything is in order. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen