Forum Discussion

mistyben
Experienced User
30 days ago

termination identity problem

One of my clients has 2 x casual employees with exactly the same name - one is still with them and the other only worked a few days in August 2023.  How do I identify the one that needs terminating as the termination only shows the names and no other identifying data 

3 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi mistyben

I totally get how having two employees with the same name can be a bit confusing. No worries, I'm here to help sort it out for you! First off, open each employee's card file and look at the payroll details, especially their employment dates. That should help you figure out which one only worked a few days in August 2023. Once you've figured out who's who, just add a special character at the end of their name. This will make it easier for you to spot them when you're in the EOFY termination tab. I hope this helps! If you run into any other issues, feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

mistyben
      Experienced User

Thankyou Princess, but I'd already tried that.  I added .. to the end of their name.

Please advise if I should repeat the .. to their name, then send an update to the ATO before attempting to terminate them again

mistyben
    Experienced User

Has anyone else come across this problem

2 casual employees with exactly the same name.  I suggest MYOB increases the fields to pick from when terminating an employee - the simplest way would be to include the employees ID field as each one is unique.  As no-one bothered to reply to my last post, I've changed the name of the employee I need to terminate to all capital letters in the hope that when I run my last payroll for the year it will update on the portal and allow me differentiate between the two