Forum Discussion

Judy01
Trusted Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

Accounts Receivable Imbalance

My Accounts Receivable reoport shows an imbalance Of $242.65. What can cause tghis to happen and how can I find which customer it is so I can put it right?  I have looked through the Accounts  Receivable transcations and there isn't a transaction of that value.

• Thank you. It turned out to be a future dtaed invoice.

3 Replies

• Hi Judy01 

This can be caused by a few different things. One is the date of a transaction so run the report for different dates to narrow down when it happened - it could include an accidental future date as well. Then you can search transactions on this date. The other thing it could be is an accidental coding to finance charge so check the account code in your Linked Accounts to see what Finance Charges are coded to and look there once you know the date.

Cheers

Liz

Judy01
      Trusted Cover User

Thank you. It turned out to be a future dtaed invoice.

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Judy01

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are glad that you have managed to resolve your concern and for providing the resolution. I am sure other users will benefit from that information. We will be closing this thread now. Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers,   
        Leneth