Forum Discussion

Ballistix
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Copying and pasting not working correctly since upgrade to 2020.2

Hello

I have noticed that since the upgrade to 2020.2 I am having issues with copying and pasting data within my invoicing.

For example in an existing invoice I would like to copy and paste the data from one line entry to the next line.

Eventhough I am only selecting the information within the Description section when copying, it selects the whole line entry in purple and then when pasting it into to next line entry I get the below info copied: 

Description Account No. Amount Job Tax validationBlinkyColumn_ExtGridView
Yearly website hosting for ccccccc.com.au for the period July 2019 to June 2020 4-1040 $360.00 GST

It selects the Description, Account no, Amount, Job and Tax boxes.  

All I needed copying was the description highligted in blue and not the account nr, amount and GST highlighted in orange.

Is this an error or bug in the system or is there a new way of selecting information...

thanks

Amanda

• Hi Ballistix 

Thanks for your post. I've tested this in my version of 2020.2 and was able to copy and paste the description by using right click>>copy/paste and by using CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+V to paste:

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing and also the steps you're taking so that I can try to replicate and troubleshoot this for you?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ballistix 

Thanks for your post. I've tested this in my version of 2020.2 and was able to copy and paste the description by using right click>>copy/paste and by using CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+V to paste:

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing and also the steps you're taking so that I can try to replicate and troubleshoot this for you?

Ballistix
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey_H 

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure what is going on but today it is working fine.  I cannot replicate the issue. 

thanks anyway for checking.

Amanda