Forum Discussion

INO80
User
4 years ago
Solved

Customer Not Found

Hi,

I am trying to import a CSV file from a Community Data Solutions software into MYOB but my imports are not successful. I keep getting the 'Customer Not Found' error.

Alternatively, I saved the CSV file as a Text file and tried importing again to no avail. Can someone let me know what I am not doing right?

Please see attached the import files and import logs for both CSV and Text files.

Thanks. 

• Hi INO80 , if I can comment, your import file contains Abbey,Luke,"Luke Abbey" as the co/lastname and firstname fields. (Excel has added quotes because of the comma in the second field).

If your customer is an individual, eg Abbey, Luke (LastName, Firstname), then the file should contain Abbey, Luke in the first two fields.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi INO80 

Generally speaking an import error of “customer not found” means that AccountRight isn’t able to match up the customer on the import file to the card file.

This can happen if the names differ between the card and the import file. For example if the name on the card is quite long the full name needs to be on the import file, as well as needing to match in both spelling and case.

INO80
      User

Hi Neil_M ,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have made the corrections as suggested but I am still getting the error message. I created a new customer with identical details as the one I have in my import file but no matter what I do, I still get the Customer not Found error. Can you pinpoint anything I am not doing rightly? 

Attached are the CSV file I am trying to import, the import log and an exported sales file.

Thank you.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi INO80 , if I can comment, your import file contains Abbey,Luke,"Luke Abbey" as the co/lastname and firstname fields. (Excel has added quotes because of the comma in the second field).

If your customer is an individual, eg Abbey, Luke (LastName, Firstname), then the file should contain Abbey, Luke in the first two fields.