Forum Discussion

zulka
Contributing User
9 months ago

Customer sales (detail) report - missing description

Hi guys,

when I run the above report, description of transactions is not populating for service invoices. Account number is correctly showing but description field is empty. Could you please look into that issue?

It will be also nice to have not only transaction date but also due date on this report.

Thanks,

Mon

7 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi zulka,

We hope this message finds you well. We would just like to check back with you regarding your concern. Please let me know if you still need assistance with this. We are happy to assist. 

Regards, 

Cel

zulka
      Contributing User

I am afraid the prevoius answer didn't help at all. I am not using time billing, nor items, just account number in service invoicing.

I would like to see the description I am putting on each invoice line on the report, not just empty space.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi zulka , sometimes, unusual behaviour can be corrected by clearing the AccountRight cache. Instructions are here:

https://plus1group.com.au/august-2020-myob-accountright-tip/

Make sure AccountRight is closed before you begin.

Also note that the due date is a field that can be added to this report - once the report is displayed, select the Insert/Modify tab on the toolbar, then select Show/Hide, scroll down the list on the left to find Due Date, select it and click Add, then OK. 

The date will appear on Open transactions only.

The report can then be saved and will appear under your custom report list, to avoid having to add that field every time. 

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi zulka,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

In response to your inquiry, would you kindly confirm that you record bills using a time billing layout? In this case, time-based billing layout-based bills will be reported on in the Sales (activity detail) report and the other reports under the Sales >> Activity of the Index to Reports. Therefore, the reports will seem to have no information to present if you are not using that layout. 

Another report, such as the customer-based or sales registers, may be more appropriate if you are not utilizing that time billing layout because these reports normally operate independently from the structure of the sale. 

Regarding the due date that you want to add to the report, you can try the Sales Report >> Aged Receivable (detail) and add a due date in the insert modify field (show/hide) this will show when you run a report. 

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance with this, or if you have questions and concerns, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel