Forum Discussion

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
3 years ago
Solved

Default bank account

Hi Folks/MYOB

Am I missing something - default bank account 

I can change the default bank account paying purchases out of in Linked Accounts - Purchases

I can do the same for default account for payment of invoices by customers

And there are defaults for payroll - cash, cheque, electronic

But I cannot change the default account for Spend Money -  and it merely goes to the top of the Asset food chain and whatever bank account is at the top is the default.

I moved our default bank account to the bottom and 'Spend Money' selected whatever was now at the top of the Asset list.

Is that by design MYOB - Spend Money is really useful for quick receipts from the tray and credit cards bills or similar - sure I can create a recurring with c/c as the default but a default would have been nice. ie. it is a purchase so why not tie it to the default for purchases.???

The Doc

• Hi The_Doc 

The default bank account for sales, purchases, and payroll methods are set within the Setup>>Linked Accounts window. 

For banking transactions i.e. Spend Money and Recieve Money, it would be the first listed bank (or credit card) within the accounts list. For example, if your account list was:

1-1110 Bank account #1

1-1120 Bank account #2
    1-1130 Bank account #3

Bank account #1 would appear as the default account in those windows as this is the first account within the list.

To update that default account to be another account, the account number of the required account would need to appear first in the list. With the above example if you wanted, Bank account #2 to be the default you would update the account list to be the following.

1-1109 Bank account #2

1-1110 Bank account #1

1-1130 Bank account #3

I can certainly see cases such as if you wanted a credit card as the default account in those windows where that top of the account list setting would not be ideal, however, this is currently how the software is designed. Personally, I don't foresee any major changes to this space in the coming periods.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi The_Doc 

The default bank account for sales, purchases, and payroll methods are set within the Setup>>Linked Accounts window. 

For banking transactions i.e. Spend Money and Recieve Money, it would be the first listed bank (or credit card) within the accounts list. For example, if your account list was:

1-1110 Bank account #1

1-1120 Bank account #2
    1-1130 Bank account #3

Bank account #1 would appear as the default account in those windows as this is the first account within the list.

To update that default account to be another account, the account number of the required account would need to appear first in the list. With the above example if you wanted, Bank account #2 to be the default you would update the account list to be the following.

1-1109 Bank account #2

1-1110 Bank account #1

1-1130 Bank account #3

I can certainly see cases such as if you wanted a credit card as the default account in those windows where that top of the account list setting would not be ideal, however, this is currently how the software is designed. Personally, I don't foresee any major changes to this space in the coming periods.

The_Doc
      Ultimate Partner

Hi Steven_M 

Thanks - as I thought - I just hadn't realised - or had but forgot.

Yes - having the ability to have spend money default to the credit card would be ideal - however, I can get around that by creating a recurring which has the c/c already set. It isn't a biggy just a nicety.

Regards