Forum Discussion

DugIn
Experienced User
4 years ago

Exporting Customised Customer List From Card File

Hi All again After yesterday's discussion I was able to pull a list with the discount showing, however, I customised my Card File data, but I am unable to print or export what I can see on the scree...
    4 years ago

Hi DugIn 

When you export out records using the Export/Import Assistant this will take a snapshot of the data at that time. Changes made to the data both in the export and within the AccountRight file would not directly flow to one another. For example, if you export out the customer cards, update a customer's card name this will not update in the export file. If you do make a change and wish for that flow through to the export data you would be looking at re-exporting the data. 

You also brought up the Card List, you can use the Right-click copy list to Clipboard option to obtain a copy of what appears on screen so it can be pasted in Excel or another application. Note: This would be in the order that appears on screens, which may be different to that export.

The Import/Export Assistant will export all records out of the company file, including inactive cards. Users would need to remove those records from the export file if not required. If you are opening the file in Excel you could filter by the Inactive Card column and easily find those records to remove them. Also, in Excel, you could sort the data to your likely.