Forum Discussion

PChan2019
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

General Ledger - Show Description in separate lines

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Report-General-Ledger-Detail-Show-line-description/td-p/134834/page/2

Hi everyone, 

My question is quite similar to the post above. 

My situation is that in one purchase entry, we have entered 5 lines for 5 seperate items, they all have different price but entered to the same code. 

When I run the general ledger, it only show one line for the whole purchase, however i would like to see it in seperate lines as I used this to update the asset register. 

Advise please :) 

Thank you 

Phoebe 

• Hi PChan2019 , AccountRight consolidates posting to the same account and job number (and always has done). The only way to force separate postings is to allocate a unique job number to each line, which of course is not always possible if you are already using job numbers. However, if job numbers are an option, you could create a series of job numbers just for the purpose, eg job number 1 thru 10, and allocate each line accordingly.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi PChan2019 , AccountRight consolidates posting to the same account and job number (and always has done). The only way to force separate postings is to allocate a unique job number to each line, which of course is not always possible if you are already using job numbers. However, if job numbers are an option, you could create a series of job numbers just for the purpose, eg job number 1 thru 10, and allocate each line accordingly.

PChan2019
      Experienced User

Hi Mike, thank you for your response. 

We are already using job number so this wont be an option for us. I guess I will just need to update our record manually to show seperate cost in this case. 

Thanks,

Phoebe  

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi PChan2019 , just checking whether you actually use job numbers when posting to the fixed asset account? (You may use them elsewhere but not for balance sheet postings for example).