Forum Discussion

Archskirt01
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

GST Free Items

We have several items that are GST Free.

These items have been set up in both the buying and selling details as Fre (GST Free).

The Cost of Sales and Income Account's have also been set up with the Tax Code as Fre (GST Free).

When we enter a purchase order for these goods the tax code is correct Fre (GST Free) however when we enter a sales order the tax code comes up as GST which is obviously incorrect. 

We have now processed several sales with these items icluding GST as our staff did not pick up the tax code error.

I believe the items are set up correctly, how can we fix this.

Thank you, Cathie

• Hi Archskirt01 

Thanks for your post.  If you go into the Customer Cards for those sales that have been recorded with an incorrect tax code, has the tax code been set to GST and Use Customer's Tax Code been ticked. You'll find this information under the Selling Details tab. If Use Customer's Tax Code has been ticked it will take precedence over the item tax code resulting in those sales including GST.

If this isn't the case please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Archskirt01 

Thanks for your post.  If you go into the Customer Cards for those sales that have been recorded with an incorrect tax code, has the tax code been set to GST and Use Customer's Tax Code been ticked. You'll find this information under the Selling Details tab. If Use Customer's Tax Code has been ticked it will take precedence over the item tax code resulting in those sales including GST.

If this isn't the case please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.