Forum Discussion

CCJN
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Tax Free Threshold + STSL

Hi there, I have just noticed that I no longer have the option to choose Tax Free Threshold + HELP and only have the option of Tax Free Threshold +STSL when setting up a new employee.  Is this now replacing the "+ HELP" and "+ FS" options?  If it is, is there anything else I have to do or, by selecting the "+ STSL" will it automatically deduct the extra tax?

Thank and have a good day.

Colleen 

• Hi,

It does look like these have now been combined into one tax table. Help/VSL/SSL have indeed been the same tax table for a while (2019?).

From the MYOB release notes:

ARL - STSL Tax tables: For employers who have employees undertaking higher education and training programs we previously had separate tax scales for FS / HELP / FS + HELP, these have now been combined into one table called STSL.

The TFN declaration has also had only the one selection for HELP/VSL/FS/SSL/TSL for some time now, so it makes sense to only offer the one option within MYOB as well.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    vidario
    Experienced Cover User

Hi,

It does look like these have now been combined into one tax table. Help/VSL/SSL have indeed been the same tax table for a while (2019?).

From the MYOB release notes:

ARL - STSL Tax tables: For employers who have employees undertaking higher education and training programs we previously had separate tax scales for FS / HELP / FS + HELP, these have now been combined into one table called STSL.

The TFN declaration has also had only the one selection for HELP/VSL/FS/SSL/TSL for some time now, so it makes sense to only offer the one option within MYOB as well.