Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Tax free threshold/No LL

Hi, 

I've just upgraded from MYOB 19.5 to MYOB 2021.3 (and boy I'm regretting it, but that's a long story). 

One of the issues is that my file became "corrupted", God knows how, after just one payroll run, it has supposedly been fixed (we'll see), but I'm being told the problem was that all my employee files were linked to the TAx table description "Tax free threshold/No LL", which was our default setting in 19.5, but which, it seems, no longer exists in 2021.3. 

So my question is, which tax table description should I now use? I don't want to pay leave loading as we never have, but this no longer appears to be available, so does MYOB automatically apply a leave loading now, or not? 

It would be nice is someone at MYOB was able to tell me this, but having been on the phone for an hour and a half, it seems no-one there can help...

• Hi moorebax 

Welcome to AR2021:( - hope you are ready for more pain. This is why some users are sticking with v19  and using a alternative STP solution. I hope you have a small MYOB file.

Firstly having employees on Tax Free Threshold/No LL does not cause file corruption, it simply means your employees may be linked to the wrong table.  

This tax table was removed in v19.7 - since then you simply use Tax Free Threshold. This is an ATO change not a MYOB change. You can search the ATO website if you want a detailed explanation for the change.

Regards

Gavin

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi moorebax 

AccountRight v19.5 was released back in 20210 and would have a different set of tax tables compared to the newer AccountRight 2021.3 version which uses the most up-to-date ones.

Generally speaking, if you had an employee on the Tax-Free Threshold/No LL tax table, using the current Tax-Free Threshold tax table would be the one you are most likely to use for that employee. However, it is recommended that you do speak to the ATO as to what the required tax amount per pay would be for a particular pay. If you do have a different PAYG component within AccountRight for that pay then we can offer further assistance with respect to that.

In terms of leave loading, this is not automatically added to the pays when leave is taken, users would still need to enter the desired amount hours against the Leave Loading wage categories if required.

• Hi moorebax 

Welcome to AR2021:( - hope you are ready for more pain. This is why some users are sticking with v19  and using a alternative STP solution. I hope you have a small MYOB file.

Firstly having employees on Tax Free Threshold/No LL does not cause file corruption, it simply means your employees may be linked to the wrong table.  

This tax table was removed in v19.7 - since then you simply use Tax Free Threshold. This is an ATO change not a MYOB change. You can search the ATO website if you want a detailed explanation for the change.

Regards

Gavin

moorebax
      User

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for that, I’ve been hanging on grimly to 19.5 for precisely the reasons I’m now facing – errors that shouldn’t be an issue but which are claimed as an issue by the help desk. 2021.3 worked perfectly for the first payroll run, then stopped working on the second run. Nothing changed, except that it didn’t work. That said, it did work yesterday, so fingers crossed.

I do have a small payroll run and had been working with an alternative STP solution too, but a new laptop has created other issues, seemingly. I’m now using Office 365 and it seems 19.5 won’t send emails from that version of Office, there are lots of on-line suggestions for fixes and I even have a techie who looked at it for me, the end result was that I was advised to ask MYOB – who of course said the only fix was to upgrade to 2021.3.

Thanks for the feed-back. I hope I don’t get too many more problems, because it seems every problem involves hanging around for an hour minimum to talk to a MYOB “helper”, who almost invariably seem to need to refer you to a higher body for even the most basic tasks.