Forum Discussion

Ange03
User
8 months ago

Has AccountRight been hacked?

An invoice sent from our AccountRight software yesterday (Qld) to a regular customer, had the name and address substituted to someone we've never heard of (not in our contacts) in NSW. How did that happen?

6 Replies

Tina1959
    Experienced Cover User

Since the upgrade when we email it is using the incorrect form despite the card file showing the correct form

Audible
    Experienced User

Sending your emails via Account right or via imap link to outlook or similar? 

Try switching to sending vial email host instead of account right, problem could be with Account right's email server.

Tina1959
      Experienced Cover User

Ok - we have been sending from MYOB for years - the only change is the latest upgrade.

Also that would mean I have to save the file first and thenupload - so more time - the problem needs to be fixed by MYOB

So appreciate the response but not a solution I want to use

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Tina1959,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing with the emailing system after the recent upgrade. It seems that there might be a discrepancy between the selected form and the one being used during the emailing process. To address this, could you please double-check the settings to ensure the correct form is selected for emailing within the system? To ensure the correct form when sending emails, kindly check the Advanced filter, where you can see the selected form before sending emails. Sometimes, even if the card file displays the correct form, there could be a separate setting governing the default form for email purposes. Kindly refer to the attached screenshot below:

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help in any way I can.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Audible,

Thank you for sharing this information. You've provided a great suggestion to switch to sending via email instead of AccountRight. This might be helpful for other users experiencing similar problems. If you've got any insights or information, please don't hesitate to share them with us. We're here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

• Hi Ange03,

Thank you for your post. Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I'm sorry to hear about this unexpected change in your invoice details. This could be due to a glitch or an online email service issue. To investigate and resolve this promptly, I'll be reaching out to you via private message to gather more information. Please keep an eye on your Community forum inbox, and we'll continue to discuss and address this issue through that channel.

Cheers,

Princess