Forum Discussion

TanyaMc
Experienced User
4 days ago

How do I search for purchases where tax was manually entered?

I am a BAS Agent and have just discovered one of my clients has incorrectly been entering some of their purchases by putting N-T on each line item and then typing in the GST amount in the tax field at the bottom near the total amount.  Urghh!  When you click that tax field it comes up saying "changing the tax values in this window could affect baslink calculations" but they went ahead and did it anyway !  So with 953 purchases, how do I easily find which transactions have been entered this way so I can go and fix them?  The creditors have been paid the correct amounts but the GST has not been included in any of the BAS I lodged and it has also thrown the trade creditors account out of balance as it hasn't put the GST amount in the Trade Creditors account.  Please can someone advise me a quick way to pinpoint the transactions to prevent me opening up every transaction.  

• Hi TanyaMc , sounds like a bit of mess! From your post, it sounds like they've changed the tax amount or rate in the Tax information window from the purchases:

If that's the case, what you can do is run the Company Data Auditor (from the Accounts command centre). In the Tax Exception Review section, the Company Data Auditor will check for any tax variances, including those on purchases. If it finds any, you'll see a red question mark - just click Display to see a report of the offending transactions:

From there, you can click into the transaction and edit the tax to the correct rate. Here's a help topic that goes into a bit more detail about using the Company Data Auditor: https://www.myob.com/au/support/myob-business/accounting/financial-control/auditing-your-records/run-the-company-data-auditor 

Hope this helps! If it doesn't, or the issue is a different one, click the chat bubble on the help page and MOCA, our virtual assistant will help you out. 

Regards,

Ron

2 Replies

Ron_T
    MYOB Staff

Hi TanyaMc , sounds like a bit of mess! From your post, it sounds like they've changed the tax amount or rate in the Tax information window from the purchases:

If that's the case, what you can do is run the Company Data Auditor (from the Accounts command centre). In the Tax Exception Review section, the Company Data Auditor will check for any tax variances, including those on purchases. If it finds any, you'll see a red question mark - just click Display to see a report of the offending transactions:

From there, you can click into the transaction and edit the tax to the correct rate. Here's a help topic that goes into a bit more detail about using the Company Data Auditor: https://www.myob.com/au/support/myob-business/accounting/financial-control/auditing-your-records/run-the-company-data-auditor 

Hope this helps! If it doesn't, or the issue is a different one, click the chat bubble on the help page and MOCA, our virtual assistant will help you out. 

Regards,

Ron

TanyaMc
    Experienced User

Thank you very much Ron, MOCA was of no help at all but your solution showed me all the incorrectly entered transactions so I could resolve it, thanks heaps!