Forum Discussion

MichelleS_ECO
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Import Assistant for Browser Version

Hi

We use an external payroll software which creates a txt file which we then import as a General Journal into MYOB. Using the destop version is not a problem as we use the Import/Export Assistant.

So does anyone know the equivalent in the browser version of AccountRight? The choices available in the part of the browers listed as 'import/export data' doesn't seem to corelate with the desktop version. It maybe that I'm not sure which of the choices available is the one to use. Choices on screenshot attached.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Michelle

Melisa_D
    2 years ago

Hi MichelleS_ECO

Correct, you will need to use the AccountRight import/export assist to import those journals as the browser does not have this feature.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MichelleS_ECO

Thanks for your post. The import assistance in the browser version of AccountRight is different to AccountRight import options, the screenshot you've provided with is the list of the import functions available. This Help Article Importing and Exporting data has detailed information on what can be imported and exported via that window. 

Do let me know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

MichelleS_ECO
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Melisa_D

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I did look at that article however the browser imports present as very limited.

So might I assume that the only way we can import the txt file from the payroll software is via the desktop version of AccountRight and not the browser version?

Best regards

Michelle 

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi MichelleS_ECO

Correct, you will need to use the AccountRight import/export assist to import those journals as the browser does not have this feature.