Forum Discussion

4 days ago

Income account for freight - change

Good morning all,

As a new user of Accountright - I've recognised that the freight income we collect and that is entered in the "freight" section of an invoice has been linked to the wrong account.

I have changed the linked account to the correct account - however how do I also transfer the historic freight income to the correct account with a minimum of fuss?

Also are we able to segment the freight income we record in the "freight" section by business division, rather than just one bucket of freight income?

Thanks

Sam 

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sambo1,

Welcome to using AccountRight! If you need to move your historic freight income to the right account, you can use the import/export feature. Just export the data from the wrong account, change the account number to the correct one, and import it back in. Another way to do this is by creating a journal entry.

For splitting the freight income by business division, you can set up categories for each division and assign the right category to each transaction when you enter the freight income. However, it would be best to check with your accountant for advice that’s specific to your business.

Cheers,

Princess