Forum Discussion

M_Moar
Experienced Cover User
13 days ago

Income Statement Not Appearing in Employee's ATO Account

Hi, I submitted our EOY Finalisation on 02.07.24 and the report shows in Payroll Reporting as Accepted.  I am an employee of this business, and my income statement appears as tax ready.  However, an employee has contacted me and claims that their income statement is not appearing at all in their ATO account.  They have sent a screenshot from the ATO app which shows other payers, but not us.  I have not been informed by any other staff member that their income statement is not appearing.  Any suggestions as to how to rectify this, please.  Thanks.

• Hi M_Moar,

Yes, sending an update event usually does the trick and makes the income statement show up in the employee's ATO account. Lots of users have had success with this. But if everything's entered correctly and the update event still doesn't fix it, the next step would be to undo the finalisation and then re-finalise it.

If the income statement still doesn't appear after these steps, it might be worth reaching out to the ATO for a bit more help.

Cheers,

Princess

7 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi M_Moar,

Great to hear that your EOFY finalisation report is all set! If an employee's income statement isn't showing up on their MyGov, I’d recommend reaching out directly to the ATO for guidance—they can provide specific details on why the income statement might not be appearing. If the ATO confirms everything is correct on their end, you might want to consider undoing the finalisation and finalising it again. Another option is to send an update event to refresh the data sent to the ATO. 

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

M_Moar
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Princess

Thanks for replying - I really appreciate that.

I 'inherited' this MYOB file and can see that the employee's date of birth has been entered incorrectly in his MYOB employee card (he commenced in May 2023).  I am waiting for confirmation from the employee whether we have the correct TFN on file.

Given that the amounts paid are correct, would I simply undo the finalisation, update his DOB in his card, and then send an update event (in this financial year), following by a second finalisation for last financial year? 

Appreciate your advice.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi M_Moar,

You’re welcome—glad to help! 

Since the amounts paid are correct and only the employee details are incorrect, you just need to update the employee details in their card file. After that, send an update event from your STP reporting screen to notify the ATO about the changes.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

M_Moar
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Princess

Is it really that easy?!  Sending an update event will also then cause the Income Statement to be visible as 'Tax Ready' in the employee's ATO account, without needing to resubmit the finalisation - is that correct?

I really hope that's the case - I was dreading a much more complicated process.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi M_Moar,

Yes, sending an update event usually does the trick and makes the income statement show up in the employee's ATO account. Lots of users have had success with this. But if everything's entered correctly and the update event still doesn't fix it, the next step would be to undo the finalisation and then re-finalise it.

If the income statement still doesn't appear after these steps, it might be worth reaching out to the ATO for a bit more help.

Cheers,

Princess

M_Moar
    Experienced Cover User

Thanks Princess.  I received confirmation from the employee today that they can now see their tax ready income statement.  Thank you so much for your help with this.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi M_Moar,

You're welcome! I'm so glad to hear that the employee can now see their tax-ready income statement. If you need any more help or run into any other issues, just let me know.

Cheers,

Princess