Forum Discussion

Shepai-8-2017
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll not appearing in Bank Statements

Hi, I have the same problem with the Bank reconciliation of the Payroll. "Description" column is blank. All payroll since Sept 2021 became unreconciled !!! I was told by the MYOB Chat to fill in the "Payslip Message" which I did but nothing happened. After the new version, I have processed two payrolls fortnight this August and both is not showing up in the Bank Reconciliation. 

• Hi Shepai-8-2017 

Thanks for your post. Only completed bank reconciliations are migrated during the upgrade, this means that if a bank rec was saved but not completed you will need to redo the bank rec. Entering a description in the Payslip message field will only impact subsequent pay runs, previously recorded transactions won't change.

If your employees have their Payment method set to Electronic you will need to set up and process electronic payments. The process for electronic payments has changed in the newer platform as we've added the ability to pay suppliers electronically.

When you process a pay run with the Payment method Electronic the net amount is posted to the electronic clearing account. When you process the Prepare electronic payment transaction the net amount is moved from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. You can then match the electronic payment transaction with the bank transaction.

These Help Articles have detailed information and instructions:

Learn about payroll changes after upgrading

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Shepai-8-2017 

Thanks for your post. Only completed bank reconciliations are migrated during the upgrade, this means that if a bank rec was saved but not completed you will need to redo the bank rec. Entering a description in the Payslip message field will only impact subsequent pay runs, previously recorded transactions won't change.

If your employees have their Payment method set to Electronic you will need to set up and process electronic payments. The process for electronic payments has changed in the newer platform as we've added the ability to pay suppliers electronically.

When you process a pay run with the Payment method Electronic the net amount is posted to the electronic clearing account. When you process the Prepare electronic payment transaction the net amount is moved from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. You can then match the electronic payment transaction with the bank transaction.

These Help Articles have detailed information and instructions:

Learn about payroll changes after upgrading

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.