Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Inventory on hand - rounding issue

Hi there

Our inventory on hand has an issue as per attached picture which impacted our data entry. Could you please get your team to take a look at this?

We would like to know what caused this issue and how to fix? Thanks,

Sam_R
    3 years ago

Hi Pendarves,

Thank you for confirming that.

I have just run the required script over your file. (you may need to close and reopen your software for the effects of the script to update) 

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Pendarves,

Thank you for your post, I'd be happy to assist you with this!

This error is generally due to corruption in the file that will need to be repaired by us, could you please confirm if your file is online or offline? 

Ozchemist
      Experienced Partner

I'm sorry - but this IS NOT a "file corruption issue". A file corruption assumes that a mis-timed event or input or similar non-repeatable event has caused logical damage to the file. These rounding issues are not that. These are "repeatable" - in the sense that they appear accross both on-line and off-line files and that a given sequence of input/output transactions can reproduce the fault condition.

This problem has existed in MYOB for at least 5 years - it has been a constant problem and appears to be related to variations in the field masks used vs how rounding is handled (or not) within the various modules, most particularly the inventory/autobuild modules.

As an example, you can only do an "inventory adjustement" to 6 decimal places, but the field holding data appears to hold it as a double-precision "long" data type. If the mask used for rounding doesn't truncate to 6 decimal places, then rounding errors like this will occur (as they clearly do).

MYOB needs to review ALL their code to ensure that either the rounding function is used properly (to truncate to 6 decimal places) or the mask on the inventory adjustment input field is at least consistent with the data type being used. That way, users can fix their own inventory issues and "file corruption" will not occur.

• Hi Sam_R 

Thank you for your reply.

Our file is online (attached pic FYI).  Cheers, Tracey

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi Pendarves,

Thank you for confirming that.

I have just run the required script over your file. (you may need to close and reopen your software for the effects of the script to update) 

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.