Forum Discussion

Connockity
Trusted User
4 years ago
Solved

Invoice form

Hi,

I have several customised invoice forms and they are visiable under the set up menu but I cannot choose them when printing or emailing an invoice. The customised invoice is saved under the customer profile but is just not available???

• Hi Connockity 

It sounds like you have a layout conflict between the forms and the sales layout being used. For example, you have customised a Service-based form but are using an Item-based layout to record your transactions.

My recommendation would be to go to Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices and see what heading the customise form falls under. Once that has been determined, go to the sale you wish to print/email and check the layout (using the Layout button in the Edit Sales window). To be able to use that customise form for that invoice these layouts do need to be the same. Note: If you are using the Print/Email Invoices window, the field you want to match with the customise form layout would be the Sales Type.

If you do have the customise form using a different layout than your invoices, then you would be looking at re-creating your customise form(s) through the Setup>>>Customise Form process under the appropriate layout.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Connockity 

It sounds like you have a layout conflict between the forms and the sales layout being used. For example, you have customised a Service-based form but are using an Item-based layout to record your transactions.

My recommendation would be to go to Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices and see what heading the customise form falls under. Once that has been determined, go to the sale you wish to print/email and check the layout (using the Layout button in the Edit Sales window). To be able to use that customise form for that invoice these layouts do need to be the same. Note: If you are using the Print/Email Invoices window, the field you want to match with the customise form layout would be the Sales Type.

If you do have the customise form using a different layout than your invoices, then you would be looking at re-creating your customise form(s) through the Setup>>>Customise Form process under the appropriate layout.