Forum Discussion

AMF101
Cover User
15 days ago
Solved

Items - Search by name not number

Hi, I have a new user that can only search by item number not by name. I have checked the preferences and the checkbox is ticked correctly to select items by name not number. This works for me as administrator, however does not work for user that has only sales, inventory and cards access. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Hi AMF101,

Indeed, you are correct. If it's greyed out, this is likely a user access issue. You may need to grant the user access to accomplish this. Please see these help pages for more information. 
    Manage users
    Set up user access

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

7 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AMF101 ,

When you're using the Items Register window, you can only search by item number. However, if you hop over to the Items List, you've got more options! You can search by either item number or name there. Feel free to drop us a post again if there's anything you need assistance with.

Best regards,

Doreen

AMF101
      Cover User

Thanks Doreen_P , however the issue is when she is actually entering invoices, if she starts typing the name of the product, nothing shows up. It works for me as administrator, but not for her as a user. Sorry, I should have clarified this initially. 

Regards,

Jemar_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AMF101,

No worries, can you please check her file and verify if the (Select Items by Item name, Not Item number) is ticked under Set up>Preferences > Windows, then it is the fifth one.

It might not be set up or ticked yet in her file, especially if you are using a different device.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
        Jem

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AMF101,

Indeed, you are correct. If it's greyed out, this is likely a user access issue. You may need to grant the user access to accomplish this. Please see these help pages for more information. 
    Manage users
    Set up user access

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

AMF101
      Cover User

Thanks for your help, permission changed and all is working as it should 

Cheers :)

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AMF101,

You're very welcome. We're glad to hear that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries, and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl