Forum Discussion

Silverdgi
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Linked account not showing on Account List

Hi,

I have created a new Income detail account to help track sales, and although I have changed the corresponding card with the new account number, no transactions are showing in the accounts list. 

Is there a setting I'm missing to activate or similar?

Steven_M
    4 years ago

Hi Silverdgi 

Terrific, great to hear that guess provided you that information.

In terms of what you are trying to achieve, there is no direct way per say. However, if it was me I would be running the Account Transactions [Accrual] report. You can filter this to the particular accounts and date range.  Also using the Additional Filters you can filter by a particular card to show you the the transactions per account for that card. 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Silverdgi 

You mentioned that its a new account and you have added it to the card, but have you actually recorded a transaction to that account? For example, if you go to the Transaction Journal and the locate a sale for that customer does it include that account in the transaction?  Reason being if there has been no transaction recorded to that account then no transactions will appear for that account.

Note: Older transactions recorded for that customer or account would not be moved across to the new account. Only newly recorded transactions recorded to that account will be reported for said account.

Silverdgi
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Steven,

I have recorded a few new transactions to that specific card since changing to the new income account, but still nothing showing.

I have a few income accounts in my accounts list, and they are all set up the same and all show the transactions.

So I'm a little baffled.

When I look on the transaction journal, it's showing the standard credit from the trade debtors account which is the linked account for tracking receivables, and debit into the working bank transaction account.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Silverdgi 

The Transaction Journal entry you have listed (debit to bank account, credit to Trade Debtors) would be the banking transaction associated with that sales i.e. the payment of that invoice.

As you are referring to the income allocation account you want to be looking at the actual invoice transaction journal i.e. select the Sales tab of the Transaction Journal and locate the transaction to see the impacted accounts. Likely be a debit to Trade Debtors and a credit to income account (or more complex with inventory involved).

I would have it a guess that you are using an item layout for your invoices. Items will pull the income account that is listed as the Income Account for Tracking Sales on that item. This overrides the income accounts selected on the card.  Alternatively, you have recorded Orders, which don't impact accounts until they converted into an invoice (and that conversion hasn't occurred yet).