Forum Discussion

Karotu
Experienced User
2 years ago

Multiple device billing for 1 customer

Hi,

I work for an electrical company and have to create a company file from scratch..

Each customer have a meter that has a serial number. At the same time, the same customer can have multiple meters. ie Customer can be registered to multiple meters at different sites. So we can send their totals for the multiple meters they have.

Since the meters are permanent to sites, when a customer moves to a new location, the new customer has to be billed for the new installments, ie, the fixed meters are now migrated to the new customer..

How would I implement this in MYOB? Do each meter become a separate customer? And then I create the Owner's customer account and consolidate all the meters under that single customer? How would this be possible?

Really appreciate some pointers if any..

Kind regards,

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Karuto

We at DataWise in New Zealand have written an addon to handle billing for electricity supply companies, as MYOB has no way of handling this.

Mostly used by retirement villages to input meter readings, calculate various charges and send bills monthly. Also posts invoices to MYOB and can handle Direct Debits with major banks.

Please contact me by email at mark@datawise .co.nz if you would like more info.