Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Multiple options when Quoting

We have just changed over to sending customers quotes via Myob and we often give various options when quoting. The customer is getting confused as each line is being added together at the end. Is there a way to change this? For example:

Option 1 is $400

Option 2 is $500

Option 3 is $800

Therefore the total at the balance equals: $1700 which they think is what the amount is but generally it's only 1 option they're choosing.

• Hi Nat73 

When you record a transaction in AccountRight, be it a sale or a quote, the system will total that amount of lines listed on the transaction to give you an overall total for the transaction.

In your case, it would treat all those options as one quote thus the overall quote would be for the total amount of all options. If you are going to provide different quote options to a customer, ideally, you want to be providing the customer with an individual quote for each option i.e. one quote for option 1, one quote for option 2... This way the quote will be listing that particular option information and the total price for that one quote.

• Hi Nat73 

I am no ARL expert but could you not put in the description Option 1 xxxxx @ $400 and leave the amount as $0? 

Does that work for you????

Carl

Nat73

Thanks Carl, yes that's the other way we looked at doing it but it just doesn't look as professional.

nats569
      Experienced User

Hi Carl

I have this issue too where we quite often want to provide a couple of options to a customer and would prefer to do it under one quote rather than a separate quote for each option as the body of the quote is exactly the same and it just might be a different product used that changes the price.

I would like to do the quote as you suggested however I agree that it does not look good having the $0 total - it looks confusing to the customer.

I am assuming the only way around this is to be able to customise the quote layout so if needed we can remove that price column that totals it all up...?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi nats569 

With AccountRight you can customise the form used by quotes via Setup>>Customise>>Invoices*>>Navigating to the required form and select Customise. Once within that customise form, the user can go to remove unwanted columns such as amount from the invoice table by right-clicking on the table, choosing Show Hide Columns and removing the unwanted columns.  If you want to remove a field outside of the invoice table then select it before selecting the Delete key on the keyboard to remove it.

More information on customising forms in AccountRight please see Help Article: Personalising forms

*The same form is used by quotes and invoices

• Hi Nat73 

When you record a transaction in AccountRight, be it a sale or a quote, the system will total that amount of lines listed on the transaction to give you an overall total for the transaction.

In your case, it would treat all those options as one quote thus the overall quote would be for the total amount of all options. If you are going to provide different quote options to a customer, ideally, you want to be providing the customer with an individual quote for each option i.e. one quote for option 1, one quote for option 2... This way the quote will be listing that particular option information and the total price for that one quote.