Forum Discussion

aMaca
Contributing Cover User
19 days ago

Packing Slips Receive Items

Hi, my brain is struggling, please help.  We create a sales order for a customer, then purchase order to a supplier for that customer.  Goods arrive from supplier, we then "receive items"; we write the invoice number for customer in the "journal memo" for our reference, so we know what invoice or customer these goods relate to.  We then use the invoice number from the "journal memo", to find the customers (sales order) and print the "packing slip" to go with the goods that are sent.  What can I do, if the supplier has a backorder, say we order 2 items and only 1 arrive and I want to then send that to the customer with a packing slip, but the packing slip does not allow me to backorder the item that hasn't arrived? 

Also is there a way to run a report of received items for a day, so we can quickly print all require packing slips.  We basically buy and then sell from many different suppliers to many different customers and many different items.

We have an offsite warehouse and want to streamline their receipting and packing slip process, is there any way to do this better.  

1 Customer orders (Enter sales)

2 Create PO

3 note relating Sales order number in Journal Memo of PO

4 email PO to supplier

5 Goods arrive a few days later

6 Receive items on purchase order

7 Use Journal Memo note to find the relating sales order to print Packing slip

8 If there is a backorder, can't use packing slip, have to turn sales order into an invoice and backorder items then use the invoice as a packing slip

9 if no backorders, print packing slip to go with goods in box

10 3rd party warehouse scans all packing slips at the end of the day and emails to me so I can then invoice the customer

Tell me there are some easier steps than what I am doing.

Thank you 

2 Replies

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi aMaca,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum!

I understand that you are checking if there are other ways or steps in Packing slips and receive items. I appreciate that you have taken the steps that you are already taking. By displaying back-ordered items on packing slips, we recognize the significance of this function for your business. Please be assured that our developer's team has been monitoring this and will consider adding it to the product roadmap based on the feature request.

Also, in running a report of received items for the day, you may check out this helpful article it will show the steps and workarounds to print all required packing slips.

Feel free to post if you still need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

aMaca
    Contributing Cover User

Thank you so much Jem, greatly appreciated.