Forum Discussion

Lee_D
Cover User
20 days ago

Statement terms not correct

I have been having trouble getting our statements to correctly show ageing, our statements are dated 31st July, there are June and July invoices on the statement and both are showing in current.

Terms are set up as day of month after EOM, balance due EOM. I previously read someone was having the same issue and there invoices were net 30 after EOM, so I altered the terms in settings (and invoices) several months ago and I am having the same issue.

Can anyone shed any light on why this would still be happening?

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Lee_D ,

I understand that you’re having issues with invoices incorrectly showing as Current on your statements dated 31st July. Here are some basic steps to address this:

1. Check Due Dates: Verify that the Due Dates for the invoices are set correctly according to your terms ("day of month after EOM" and "balance due EOM"). Use the Receivables Reconciliation [Detail] report to confirm.
    2. Confirm Aging Method: Ensure the aging method in the report is set to "Days Overdue Using Invoice Terms."
    3. Review Statement Date: Make sure the statement date range reflects the correct aging period. Invoices should move to the next period if past their Due Date.
    4. Update Terms: Recheck that the invoice terms have been applied correctly and consistently.
    5. Refresh Data: Generate a new statement to see if the issue is resolved.

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl