Forum Discussion

bronwenw
Contributing User
2 years ago

Supplier card shows negative current balance but no transactions found

One of our Supplier Cards has a current balance of -$165 however when I go into the Purchases Register there is nothing listed in the 'Returns & Debits' tab. Also when I go to 'Pay Bills' it doesn't ask to apply a credit.  I also ran the Supplier Ledger Report dated from 01/01/1900 to 31/12/9999 and the balance is -$165.  Can you please advise how I find the transaction?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

have you run the supplier ledger report in detail so you can see the transactions as the credit is there in the report you did run

the detail report should show all transactions , keep the dates as you have before

lisa

bronwenw
      Contributing User

Thanks for the suggestion Lisa but the Supplier Ledger report didn't reveal anything. Any other suggestions?

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi bronwenw , something worth checking is reviewing for any entries in GL account which is linked to the Purchases account for "I pay charges for late payment". If none in the current year, go back to previous years if you can. 

Sometimes when pay bill entries are made, the amount gets put into the finance charge field at the bottom of that window. A review of the expense account will tell you if that has happened. 

Let me know the result. If there is an entry for this supplier and amount, I can advise further.