Forum Discussion

Renw
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

ValidationException error on recurring purchase order

Hello,

I am trying to save an equipment purchase order for a particular supplier I use, however when I click ok to save it comes up with the following error message.  

On the purchase order I have a blank line (not transaction) so we can reference the customer name. I have tried saving by deleting this line and also tried paving by changing the recurring transaction name to not have a - in the title. 

If you could help me out it would be greatly appreicated. 

Renee

• Hi Renw 

This can often be resolved by unticking “Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions” under Setup > Preferences > System. If you get the error even after unticking this preference, please try deleting the purchase order, create it again and let us know if you're then able to save it. 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Renw

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! I would recommend following the instructions on our help article Error:ValidationException under heading Getting this error when working with recurring transactions? This should resolve the error message you're receiving. 

Please do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Renw
      Experienced User

Hi Melissa, I have followed the workaround, however I am still receiving this error.

Renee

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Renw 

This can often be resolved by unticking “Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions” under Setup > Preferences > System. If you get the error even after unticking this preference, please try deleting the purchase order, create it again and let us know if you're then able to save it.