Forum Discussion

Karen_GMS
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Error ValidationException trying to save Recurring

Trying to save a Recurring or change a recurring and keeps coming up Error VadidationException says nothing else. I just updated to new version 2021.2 to see if that worked but it hasn't fixed it.

• Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  It still didn't work, It only happened on recurring, I didn't have time to look into what you said as I have been so busy.  I had time today, so I had a look again, and all seems to be ok now.  Thank you for your help.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Karen_GMS

Thank you for your post. Can you please troubleshoot the following, this should eliminate the error:

1. Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.
    2. Click the System tab.
    3. Deselect the option Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions.
    4. Click OK.

Please do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Karen_GMS
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Melisa

It wasn’t checked.  I had looked on the Forum and saw that, but mine was never checked.

I noticed it has only started happening since last week, when the log in changed, I don’t know if that was a new version, because they just update themselves now don’t they.  I've turned computer off, I went online and updated to version 2021.2.0 and it still does it.

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Karen_GMS

That does seem strange, can you please try the following and let me know how go:

1. Clear your AccountRight cache 
        2. Once cleared, can you please go into the preference and tick the box for Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions and hit Ok.
        3. Once saved can you go back into preferences, deselect the preference and select Ok. 
        4. Can you save the recurring transaction now ?

Please do let me know how you go.