Forum Discussion

Ruthawps
Experienced Cover User
5 months ago
Solved

Allowances

I have just noticed some of the allowance payroll categories were set up as "Gross Payments", not "Allowance" in the ATO Payroll Reporting category.

This means allowances are showing as zero in the STP reporting to the ATO.  When I do my next pay run will this automaticall correct the YTD amounts or do i need to do something specific?

Thanks,

Catherine

• Hi, Ruthawps

Thanks for your post.

If a payroll category should have an ATO reporting category of allowance, we recommend changing it from "Gross Payments" to "Allowance". This ensures the correct tagging of the ATO reporting category to each payroll category. If changes have been made, you may need to send an update event to ensure ATO receives the most up-to-date figures for your employees.

For more information regarding this, you may check the Help Article: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting and View Single Touch Payroll reports (under "To send update event").

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,
    Doreen

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Ruthawps

Thanks for your post.

If a payroll category should have an ATO reporting category of allowance, we recommend changing it from "Gross Payments" to "Allowance". This ensures the correct tagging of the ATO reporting category to each payroll category. If changes have been made, you may need to send an update event to ensure ATO receives the most up-to-date figures for your employees.

For more information regarding this, you may check the Help Article: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting and View Single Touch Payroll reports (under "To send update event").

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,
    Doreen

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Ruthawps

Thanks for your response.

We're glad to hear that we were able to assist you. Should you need further support, we are here to assist you promptly. Feel free to start a new post, and we'll be ready to address your concerns.

Best regards,

Doreen