Forum Discussion

JayP2P
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Annual Leave Accrual for Part Time employee not working

Hello,

We have an employee who works 3 days per week.  This is how he has been set-up in MYOB.

Payroll Details > Personal Details > Employment Basis - Part Time

Payroll Details > Personal Details > Employment Category - Permanent

Payroll Details>Wages>the actual annual salary equivalent to working 3 days per week has been entered

Payroll Details>Wages>Hours in Weekly Pay Period> has been entered as 22.8 hours representing the 3 days per week he works

Payroll Details>Entitlements>Annual Leave Part Time Hourly is the selected Entitlement.

Set up of Annual Leave Part Time Hourly shows Calulation Basis>Equals 7.6923% of Gross Hours

The Annual Leave Part Time Hourly entitlement is linked to the employee and shows when I do the pay run, however, the accrual field shows 00.00.  It is not calculating his annual leave accrual.

Is there anything amiss with the way the above has been set-up?  Is there somewhere else that I need to enter the number of hours he works?

Thanks in advance everyone.

• Hi JayP2P 

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that the resolution I have provided to you works and sorry to hear about the experience you've had. Please feel free to post again if you need further assistance. We'll be more than happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JayP2P 

Thanks for your post. 

Generally, the reason if an employee is not accruing an a leave accrual, the Calculation Basis that was set up for the employee doesn't match the way he is paid (hourly or salary). If your employee is paid on an hourly basis, you may need to select the Equals percentage of wages. For salary paid employee, please select the Equals dollars per pay period. Also you may need to check the Pay basis of the employee if it is hourly or salary. To do this, go to Card File > Cards List > Click the name of the employee > Payroll details > Wages tab > Check if it's hourly or salary. Pay basis needs to match the Calculation Basis so that the leave accruals will be calculated. For additional information, you may also refer to The Help Article Leave and entitlements.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JayP2P 

Do you still need an assistance regarding this concern? Please let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Doreen

JayP2P
      Contributing Cover User

Hello Doreen

Thank you (belatedly) for such a quick response.  I have just now changed both areas as you suggested, and yes, it works perfectly now!  I've had a great experience in my very first request in the MYOB Community.  Many, many thanks.  Sure beats 55 minutes on the telephone, being told it is an Accountant issue and hanging up with no resolution!! :smileyhappy:

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JayP2P 

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that the resolution I have provided to you works and sorry to hear about the experience you've had. Please feel free to post again if you need further assistance. We'll be more than happy to help. 

Best regards,
        Doreen