Forum Discussion

HoneySandra
Experienced Cover User
11 months ago

Authority to Pay Super

I wish to set up the Pay super but having gone through the video, it states that I have to be a signatory on the account.

I am a registered Bas Agent and don't have signatory authority, but I do have access to the bank account to upload payments for approval by the owner.

How then do I set up pay super? I am the only person who does the accounts and the business owner will not be able to do this? Can I get an approval letter from the business owner allowing me to sign up for Pay Super on their behalf?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HoneySandra 

Thank you so much for your post.  Things to know before you sign up: 

Only the business owner (or one of the company directors) who is also a signatory to the business bank account may complete the signup process to get started with Pay Super.

Have your bank account details handy. You’ll need to enter the account that payments will be made from. You’ll also need to verify your bank account later.

What I recommend is to reach out to the owner of the file to have them update your user access to  Administrator.

Regards,
    Earl

HoneySandra
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Earl_HD 

I already am the administrator as I am the bookkeeper. The owner doesn't have MYOB, so do they need web access? And what kind of access can I give them? I understand there are various roles, so I don't want them using my database, just give me signatory access to set up the super.

Thanks.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HoneySandra 

Sorry about that. Looking at your account you can set up Pay super by going to the Payroll menu and choose Super payments.

Click Sign up to PaySuper:  This help article may also help : Set up Pay Super 

Regards,
    Earl