Forum Discussion

Chuncun1
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

Can I Access MYOB Accountright while travelling overseas by login my Laptop using the Program?

Hi Everyone,    In Janurary next year, I will be travelling to China for three weeks. Within that time I need to pay wages, payroll tax and GST. I will take my laptop with me and login MYOB account...
    9 months ago

Hi Chuncun1 

I would say to you - don't!!!!!!! - not the way you plan to do it.

Undoubtedly, you will use the internet in China and that will not be without a great deal of risk just before you begin.

Further, if I was your internet provider and your business IT provider I wouldn't allow you to do it - and further often many business lock their ability to logon from overseas.

However, if you are still determined to do it organise a vpn as a minimum to tunnel through the internet to a local machine where you then can safely run MYOB to access your online file.

Running payroll from China would be as risky as you could ever get.

And to add a further level of security - use the vpn to tunnel to a RDP server on which you have a Server version of MYOB setup and hence no need to use your laptop do doing anything else but to logon to the server - which then safely runs MYOB.

The Doc