Forum Discussion

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Deducting Monies in Lieu of Notice

When processing an ETP, you're usually PAYING the employee monies in lieu if they were terminated by the company, and so we assigned the Monies in Lieu of Notice payroll category to W1 in the Activit...
    Tracey_H
    3 years ago

Hi seqtt 

On the Community Forum we encourage users to offer advice and assistance, as such you won't always receive and immediate reply from an MYOB Moderator. If you do require immediate assistance we recommend contacting our Live Chat or phone based teams.

Can you please try clicking on Update from ledger (above Prepare to lodge) to refresh the W1 field. Please let me know if that doesn't work. In the meantime, you can manually change the amount in the W1 field in order to lodge your IAS.

STP uses the ATO reporting categories to report payments so you would need to ensure the correct ATO reporting category is selected for that payroll category. I'd recommend checking the Summary of payments report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis for that employee) to make sure the YTD amounts are correctly reported.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.