Forum Discussion

VMPS
User
2 years ago
Solved

Employee purchase tax deduction

Hello,

I am deducting an employee purchase of $1500 for one of our staff but it hasn't reduced his PAYG withholding only his net pay - is that correct or have I set it up incorrectly? TIA.

• Hi VMPS 

Thanks for your post. If it is a pre-tax deduction you would need to open the deduction payroll category>>click Exempt and tick PAYG withholding, which will reduce the PAYG withholding amount.

If you're not sure whether the purchase is pre-tax or post-tax you will need to check with the ATO or your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi VMPS 

Thanks for your post. If it is a pre-tax deduction you would need to open the deduction payroll category>>click Exempt and tick PAYG withholding, which will reduce the PAYG withholding amount.

If you're not sure whether the purchase is pre-tax or post-tax you will need to check with the ATO or your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

VMPS
      User

Perfect, thanks so much Tracey! :smileyvery-happy: