Forum Discussion

Paula3
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Employer Additional wrong in payslip

Hello, 

I have changed the percentage of the employer additional from 2.5% to 1.5% and after this change MYOB doen't apply that percentage correctly - Please, see screenchot. Before chanching the amount of the percentage it was applied correctly in the payslip.

I have also set up a salary scarifice for 1.5% and the percentage hasn't been applied corrrectly. How can amend this? I haven't paid super yet.

Thank you very much.

• Hi Paula3 

On the first pay of next month, it will calculate at the correct rate. Issues only arise when you change the rate mid month.

Regards

Gavin

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Paula3 

An issue with super guarantee that causes apparent 'calculation' errors is that MYOB calculates super guarantee on a month to date basis. It might also do the same thing with Additional Super. 

For the month concerned, check all payroll transactions for this employee. If one pay went through with 2.5%, then you change the rate to 1.5%, on the next pay in that same month MYOB may adjust the additional super to be 1.5% for the month.

Regards

Gavin

Paula3
      Contributing User

Thank you very much for your reply. 

You are right, it has been calculated on a month to date basis.

So, going forward, will it be done monthly?

I process payroll every fortnight an I would like to reflect on the payslip the employer contributions fortnigtly.

Thanks for your help.

Paula. 

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Paula3 

On the first pay of next month, it will calculate at the correct rate. Issues only arise when you change the rate mid month.

Regards

Gavin