Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

EOY STP YE2022 VARIANCE TO PAYROLL ACTIVITY

If all the payroll periods have been sent to the ATO except 1 period missed an employee - how would that have happened.  Now just that period for that employee is missing yet the payroll period has been accepted as correct by ATO.  So how can I just send that 1 employee missing period to the ato.

Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi bmeavaccounts 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports are the same process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June for that employee. This will update the YTD amounts in the STP reports. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi bmeavaccounts 

Thanks for your post. The pay run reports in the Payroll reporting centre>>Reports tab send the pay run and YTD information when the pay run is declared. The YTD verification and Summary of payments reports pull the YTD amounts from the employee card>>Pay History and filter by the ATO reporting category. This means that it is possible to see a difference between pay run reports and finalisation reports.

Check that the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports match: AccountRight reports don't match STP reports

Check if that missing payrun has any payroll categories specific to that payrun, make sure the correct ATO reporting category has been assigned and the payroll category isn't exempt from PAYG. 

To update the YTD amounts in the finalisation reports, try processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June for that employee, wait until that report is accepted and then recheck the Summary of payments. 

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

bmeavaccounts
      User

Thank you for your quick response.  At the stage of my question, I had already done all of what you have suggested which is how I discovered that the 1 employee from a pay period last year didn't get sent to the ATO even though the pay period in question was sent ie.  3 employees in that pay period sent report to ATO at the time and was accepted, but 1 of the employees in that specific payperiod is not included, which is why I am not sure how that could have happend.  So in order for the YTD verification report to match the payroll activity.  Just this one employee out of that period needs to get to the ATO somehow.  How, I dont know?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi bmeavaccounts 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports are the same process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June for that employee. This will update the YTD amounts in the STP reports. 

Please let me know if you need further help.