Forum Discussion

jdillon
Experienced User
3 years ago

FOREIGN RESIDENT

I have just noticed that in all employees cards "foreign resident" appears in the payg withholding section,  nobody is employed here as a foreign resident - there are a few other options tochoose from - can you please advise which is the correct option - 3 staff all have permanent working visas and 3 other staff are born and raised in Australia

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi jdillon,

Thank you for your post. 

Your employee's PAYG amounts will be calculated depending on the Tax table selected in their card, see below:

Could you please confirm if your employees are showing as Foreign resident there? 

jdillon
      Experienced User

I do have taxfree threshhold here - employees would certainly let me know if they were being taxed as a foreign resident.  If you click on the payg here in the tax table it is after this that foreign resident is showing - what should it be?   

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi jdillon,

That window you're referring to is purely an information window for each of the Tax tables, and because they are listed in alphabetical order, Foreign resident is listed first (nothing selected here will be affecting your payroll).

Do reach out if you had any further queries. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.