Forum Discussion

3 days ago

How to enter payroll to reinstalled back up file but not report to ATO as already reported.

Hi

I had to reinstall a back up file and am now re-entering transactions to get it back up to date.

I'm stuck on how to re-enter the payroll run processed, reported and accepted by the ATO in the original file but which is not recorded in my re-installed backup file.  I can only see advice about how to reverse the payroll reported with the ATO but as this is not in my reinstalled file, it's not an option.

Can I process payroll again and simply not send the report to the ATO? 

Thanks

SNN

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there SNN,

I see that you need assistance with how to re-enter recorded and processed pay runs on a backup file. You'll have two options with this. 

• Enter Processed Pay Runs Amount Under Pay History: You can manually enter the processed pay run amount under the pay history in the employee's card. This method ensures that the figures are updated without processing a new pay run.
    • Process a Payroll and Not Report to the ATO: Alternatively, you can process a payroll and choose not to report it to the ATO.

Note that this may result in the figures being doubled up on the ATO's end. You can also check this link for more information to assist with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

• Hi Doreen

Thanks for those options.

I will try the first solution you suggest and enter the processed pay run under Pay History.

If I do this, will I then also have to do a separate transaction to record the actual payment to the employee as well from our bank account for the net wages paid?

Thanks

SNN

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SNN

I guess the details on how to record the expense if you go for the first option were not included in the initial response. If you decide to go that route, you will need to record a spend money transaction on the bank account to match with the bank feeds and ensure the ledger amounts match the bank account's correct value.

Let us know if you need any more help with this. We're happy to oblige.

Thanks,
      Genreve