Forum Discussion

carolineh
Trusted Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Long Service Leave

I'm trying to add LSL figures to the entitlements on the cards of two employees in 2020.2 (this new client had not been accruing them so I worked out the correct figure for the balancing adjustment which is normally a very simple process.

However, it no longer looks the same as the instructions available here which shows 3 columns being Carryover, YTD, Total.

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Long+service+leave#expand-IhavejustsetupthisentitlementbutsomeemployeesarealreadyentitledtolongserviceleaveHowdoIupdatetheemployeesleavebalance

What I now have is 4 columns being Balance Adjust, Carryover, YTD and Total.  The only one I can manually enter anything into is Balance Adjustment.  

When I put the figure in, say 100 hours to Balance adjustment, the carryover figure then showed -100 hours and nil to date total.   

So it's wiping out whatever I bring in!!

None of the other columns let me enter anything.  Is this yet another glitch or am I doing something wrong?

I've taken a photo of the columns so you can see what it's done.

• Hi Janine

That was the other trap.   When you put the figures in the Balancing Adjustent Column, it looks fine when you press OK.

It was only because I need to change one of them again and drilled back into it that I saw it had deducted it all!

Then I went back and checked all the others and they'd all done the same thing.

If I hadn't had to go back into one of them, I'd have charged the client for the work and then looked like an complete idiot a few months down the track when there is no sign of it, let alone if a year or two rolls by.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi carolineh 

If the employee is being given a number of hours on an entitlement, you could do a void pay adjustment rather than entering the figures on the employee’s card. A void pay is just a pay with all figures set to zero beyond what your adjusting.

Depending on the correction needed for this employee's accrual would determine the figure entered into the adjusting pay. A positive figure increases the entitlement balance on the employee's card, and a negative balance reduces it.

The additional column was added with the release of AccountRight 2020.2 and I’ve raised this with the relevant teams so they are aware of the change.

carolineh
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Neil

Thank you for your reply.

I'm aware of the difference between positive and negative.   It only allows me to enter in one column - so I put my positive number in (because we're adding LSL that hadn't been accrued for years when it should have been), MYOB then in the next column minuses out the same amount and brings it back to zero, negating my positive number.

I'm unable to enter or adjust anything in any of the columns other than the first one.

Doing a zero pay is a bit of a pain and if I stuff it up, it's gone via STP too.  

Are you saying that in 2020.2 the function to add hours to the employee card for adjustments is now just another glitchy thing that doesn't work anymore?

If so, they need to remove the wiki instructions.

Neil_M
        Former Staff

Hi carolineh 

In my own testing entering figures into the Balance Adjustment column for an entitlement, flowed through and added them to the total for that employee. Given in 2020.2, the Carry Over figure draws from the figures in the previous payroll year it may well indicate that the previous years figures had an adjustment to reduce that entitlement, or that the leave accrual entitlement is not set to carry the balance over at the end of the year.

Its worth noting that whichever way you add the figures, an employee’s leave accrual figures aren’t reported through STP. Although a void pay would create an STP update event, if this is reported it will report the employees YTD figures through to the ATO.