Forum Discussion

LouOCE
Experienced User
2 years ago

Making a Wages Category exempt from Super

Hi There,

I have a new apprentice and set up a new wages category to pay his "Fares to start on Site" but I am having difficulties exempting the category from adding to his Superannuation calculations...

I have followed the MYOB instructions to select Superannuation tab, then slect the exempt, then find the wages category applicable then tick the box and press enter.  I have tried this numerous time and the changes dont save.

This is very frustrating as each week when I process his pay I have to manually adjust his superannuation amount.

I will attach some screen shots below showing the Superannation Exemption window and the tick applied to the wages category "Apprentice Fares Start on Site"

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LouOCE 

I think you have a problem with your screen resolution or display settings (perhaps scaled to 125% or 150%) as you are not seeing the OK button at the bottom of the Payroll Category edit screen. 

If you can't fix display to show the full screen, proceed as follows:

• go to Setup > Preferences > Windows and ensure The Enter Key Works Just like the Tab Key... is unticked
    • Edit the Payroll Category again and once you have made the change on the Exempt screen, place mouse in the $450 box - (you made need to change this to $0 as the $450 no longer applies - check with your tax adviser). Now press tab button 3 times - this will move the selected field to the OK button (offscreen), then click Enter.

This will save the change and close the Superannuation Payroll Category screen

Regards

Gavin