Forum Discussion

RichelleJolliff
Contributing User
7 days ago

MYOB Teams Clock on Clock Off

After some assistance please.

Seem to be going around and around in circles to get the ability to use the clock on clock off function.  Have read lots of support notes and community threads about deleting locations etc etc and still having no luck in having the option when setting up the location for anything besides "timesheets".

Can anyone shed any light on this for me or point me in the right direction to resolve?

Many Thanks Richelle :)

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey RichelleJolliff,

To enable the "clock on clock off" time capture type, you need to ensure that the timesheet preference in your AccountRight is correctly set. The time capture type available in MYOB Team is determined by the timesheet preference you select in AccountRight. You can follow the steps below:

• Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences. The Preferences window appears.
    • In the System tab, select the I Use Timesheets for [...] and My Week Starts on [...] preference.
    • Choose Payroll from the I Use Timesheets for [...] list to enable clock on and clock off.

You can refer to the sample screenshot below.

Best regards,

Doreen

RichelleJolliff
    Contributing User

Hi Doreen_P 

Thank you for your response! 

That is currently enabled however we use timesheets for "Time Billing and Payroll" and have this as our option as we require the Time Billing function also.  Would this be affecting why we can't use clock on/off in Teams?  And is there another solution at all to enable this?

Hoping you can assist further.

Thanks 

Richelle :)

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi there RichelleJolliff,

You're absolutely right. When the preference is set to "Time Billing and Payroll," the only available time capture type is timesheets. This setup does indeed affect the ability to use the clock on, clock off feature in MYOB Teams. You can also check this link for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen

RichelleJolliff
    Contributing User

Doreen_PThanks for your reply... although not what we wanted to hear as it seems based on that information that Teams is not going to work for us because we need to utilise the Time Billing function.  Would I be correct in assuming that even setting up a Kiosk as a potential work around would fail also because of this system setting?

Failing that I assume our only other option would be to look for an add-on solution?

R :)

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi RichelleJolliff,

You're correct in considering an add-on solution to address the clock on, clock off functionality issue in MYOB Teams. Given that your preference is set to "Time Billing and Payroll," which restricts the time capture type to timesheets, setting up a Kiosk as a workaround would indeed fail due to this system setting. Exploring add-on solutions that integrate with MYOB and provide the clock on, clock off functionality you need is a viable option. There are several add-ons available that might suit your requirements. You can check this link to our app integration for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen