Forum Discussion

WMack
Experienced User
4 months ago

New Tax Table from July 1, 2024

Hello,

When should we receive the update for the above?

• Hi WMack

Thanks for asking about the new tax table update! Usually, PAYG tax tables update automatically if your payment date is July 1, 2024. While the tax rate changes will kick in on the date of payment, which is July 31, 2024, or later. For more info, you can check out these articles:

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

• Hi WMack

Thanks for asking about the new tax table update! Usually, PAYG tax tables update automatically if your payment date is July 1, 2024. While the tax rate changes will kick in on the date of payment, which is July 31, 2024, or later. For more info, you can check out these articles:

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

Cazza419
    Contributing User

Hi Princess,

My tax table revision date is showing 1/7/2024 but the tax table has not updated?

Ho can I fix this please?

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Cazza419,

Thanks for reaching out! Once the date of payment in the pay run is July 1, 2024, or later, the newest tax tables will automatically apply. This means there's nothing you need to do to update the tax table. If your tax table revision date is showing as 1/7/2024 but the tax table has not updated, it's possible that you haven't processed a pay run for the payroll year yet. If you've already processed a pay run and the tax table is still not updating, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Cheers,

Princess

Cazza419
    Contributing User

Hi there , I have already processed two pay runs this financial year so not that problem? 

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Cazza419,

Thanks for getting back to us! If the pay period and payment date are all correct, the tax tables should update automatically. But if they’re still not updating, could you please send us a screenshot of your financial year and some more details about the tax tables that aren't updating? This might be a bit tricky, and we might need to dig a little deeper. You may need to visit help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Cheers,

Princess

Andesa89
    Experienced User

Hi Team,

Looks like we also have the same issue. Tax revision table is showing 01/07/2024 but when we processed payroll from 1st July to 15th July it was same as last year's pay. one of our staff has already complained why he is not paid more when the AU govt has announced tax cut from 1st July.

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Andesa89 

Can you please upload a screenshot of the Lists > Payroll Categories > Taxes > PAYG > Tax Free Threshold screen, sort the table to show in the correct order.

Regards

Gavin

WMack
        Experienced User

Hello Gavin

This isn't Andes89 but I'm about to run a payrun on Friday and wanted to check it is correct.  Please see attached screenshot as requested.

• Hi WMack 

These are the correct 1 July 2024 rates, so it is a mystery why MYOB would still be using the old rates. Check the Employee Cards > Payroll Details > Taxes tab to ensure the correct tax table is selected and there are no rebates, extra taxes etc.

If that is all good, and MYOB is still giving you the wrong PAYG calc, attach a screenshot of the Payscreen for an affected employee - blur or hide person details.

Regards

Gavin

WMack
    Experienced User

HI Gavin

I was only checking that the tax rates were correct in our system before running the payroll tomorrow.  It is  Andesa89  & Cazza419 who are having the problems.  Thanks for confirming ours is correct.

Cazza419
    Contributing User

Tax revision table is showing 01/07/2024 but when we processed payroll from 1st July the tax has not changed? I have included screenshots to see if anyone can see the problem

Thanks

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Cazza419,

Looks like you're still having a bit of a hiccup with the tax rate not updating in your recorded pay run. I noticed from the screenshot you've shared that you've only attached the tax table revision date. To help us get a clearer picture of what's going on, could you also share a screenshot of the PAYG withholding screen and, if possible, the affected pay run? Please ensure that no sensitive information is included in the screenshots.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Princess

Cazza419
        Contributing User

Thank you ,

Yes the tax table revision date is correct now but the tax has not updated as per below screenshots?