Forum Discussion

9 days ago

Pay Reversed but not sent to STP

Hi,

We have a pay that was reversed in MYOB and repaid but the original pay was sent to STP2 and the new pay was sent to STP2 but the reversal wasn't sent to STP2.  This was done by another employee so I don't know how she managed not to send the reversal.  Now our PAYG is out with the ATO for this month when doing our BAS.  Can you please advise how I fix this so I can send the reversal to STP2?

Thanks

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Pearlie,

The issue with the reversed pay not being sent to STP2, which has caused discrepancies in your PAYG with the ATO for this month. This can happen if the reversal wasn't processed correctly or wasn't included in the STP2 submission. To fix this, you can follow these steps:

1. Check the Reversal: Ensure that the reversal was correctly recorded in MYOB. You can do this by reviewing the transaction journal to confirm the reversal entry.
    2. Send the Reversal to STP2: If the reversal wasn't sent to STP2, you can create a $0 pay run for the affected employee(s) to update the year-to-date (YTD) amounts and send this to STP2. This will ensure that the ATO receives the correct YTD figures, including the reversal.
    3. Verify with the ATO: After sending the $0 pay run, check the ATO business portal to ensure that the YTD amounts match your records in MYOB.

Best regards,

Doreen