Forum Discussion

Sand3977
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Pay Super Invalid SMSF ABN

Hi 

I have been trying to pay supernnuation to an employee with a SMSF that keeps coming up invalid ABN.  They have already contacted the ATO to confirm the ABN is correct.  Is there any way you can help me correct the error and pay the super?

Thank you.

• Hi Sand3977

Thank you for the details. I've had a look at the SuperFund look up and can see that the fund ABN is active, are you able to create a new SMSF card by going to lists > superannuation funds > Select New. Can you name the super fund slightly different to the original super fund so it can be saved. 

Once you've done this, please assign that new fund to the employee and try to pay super. Does it work ? This Help Article has instructions on how to create the funds and assign the fund to the employee. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Sand3977

Thanks for your post. So I can take a look into this for you can you please confirm the funds name and ABN number. 

Sand3977
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Melisa,

Fund Name: THE TRUSTEE FOR BLUMFIELD SUPERANNUATION FUND
      Fund ABN: 97 743 319 662

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Sand3977

Thank you for the details. I've had a look at the SuperFund look up and can see that the fund ABN is active, are you able to create a new SMSF card by going to lists > superannuation funds > Select New. Can you name the super fund slightly different to the original super fund so it can be saved. 

Once you've done this, please assign that new fund to the employee and try to pay super. Does it work ? This Help Article has instructions on how to create the funds and assign the fund to the employee.