Forum Discussion

Taylor17
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Payroll Category Deletion

Am I able to delete a payroll category that is a duplication?  I created a new category "Redundancy" and made a payment to an employee who had resigned.  After processing payment I realised we already had a category entitled "Lump Sum Redundancy Payment" with the correct ATO reporting category attached to it.  I have now deleted the original payroll payslip from MYOB and created a new one with the correct payroll category attached (Lump Sum Redundancy Payment) but I am unable to delete the category "Redundancy" even though that was the only payment made against this category?  Is there any way to delete this unnecessary payroll category ?

bungy15
    5 years ago

Hi Taylor17 

When you open that payroll category then click on the Edit menu at the top of screen, if you do not get the option Delete Wage Category then you won’t be able to delete it.

Cheers

Tracey

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bungy15
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Taylor17 

You can’t delete a category once is has been used in a pay. Maybe change the name to something like Incorrect Redundancy so that it doesn’t get used in error in the future.

Cheers

Tracey

Taylor17
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Tracey - so even if I have deleted that particular pay I still can't delete that category? 

bungy15
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi Taylor17 

When you open that payroll category then click on the Edit menu at the top of screen, if you do not get the option Delete Wage Category then you won’t be able to delete it.

Cheers

Tracey