Forum Discussion

ChalkHill
Experienced Cover User
3 days ago

Payroll Entitlement Balance Summary negative balance

Hello

I have an issue with TIL accrual balances for 2 employees. As at 30/6/24 both had zero balances which is correct. However, the 31/7/24 Entitlements Balance Summary report shows negative balances. There were no TIL transactions entered for either employee during July. The Entitlements balance detail report confirms this. Can you assist with removing these negative balances? I can supply copies of the reports by DM if required.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Julie

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey ChalkHill,

I see that you're having issues with the Entitlement Balance Summary report showing a negative number of hours for Time In Lieu. As a workaround, you can create a separate pay run specifically for them. In this pay run, enter the number of hours for Time In Lieu as positive values. This will cancel out the negative hours. Here's a link for more information on how to process leave adjustments through Pay Run.

Best regards,

Doreen

ChalkHill
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen

Thanks for the prompt response. I know that I can adjust by entering another pay run, but it would be good to understand why this happened in the first place, given there was a nil balance at 30 June?

Regards

Julie