Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Negative amount in Payroll Category

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a negative workers compensation amount for one employee.  This was an adjustment amount done in the first pay run for the 23/24 year, therefore no positive amounts were allocated to the employee.

There are other employees receiving workers compensation amounts.

On the Payroll reporting - Year-to-date verification report the Workers' compensation leave amount is not reduced by the negative amount.  This causes the Total salary and wages as per payroll summary report amount to be more and the Worker's compensation leave amount to be more by the same amount.

I would appreciate your help in this matter.

• Hi KimQ1,

If you need still need assistance with this, please reach out to our live chat agent through our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support case via MyAccount for quick help.

Regards,

Sai

3 Replies

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KimQ1,

Thank you for the post. I understand how important it is to have accurate payroll reports. To identify where the issue lies, we need to check a few things.

Review the Payroll Summary Report, Payroll Activity Report, and Payroll Register Report. This will help identify where the discrepancy is arising from and ensure that the negative adjustment is reflected correctly. Compare these reports to confirm that the workers' compensation amounts are consistent across all reports. Ensure that the negative worker's compensation adjustment was entered in the correct category and processed appropriately. 

For assistance in comparing the activity and register reports, you can use this link which provides guidance on interpreting and reconciling these reports.

If you need further assistance or have questions, you can get help via our virtual assistant MOCA, through Live chat or submit a support request via MyAccount.

Regards,

Sai

KimQ1

Hi Sai,

Thank you for your response, however I have already done this and all the reports agree to the correct total.  The Workers Compensation amount on the Payroll Summary shows the correct balance of $10,632.01 and on the Year-to-date verification report is shows $12,485.07.  A difference of the negative amount of $1,853.06.  

The employee's Summary Report under "EOFY finalisation" shows the negative Workers Compensation Leave amount of $1,853.06, which is correct.  However, this amount doesn't reflect in the Year-to-date verification report.

I am not sure why this amount has not transferred across to the Year-to-date verification report.

I would really appreciate some assistance in this matter.

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi KimQ1,

If you need still need assistance with this, please reach out to our live chat agent through our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support case via MyAccount for quick help.

Regards,

Sai