Forum Discussion

TomD
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll Reporting Centre - does not load - Unable to make payment for staff

We moved from STP 1 to 2 last week and I was going to do my first pay roll. I notice that Payroll Reporting does not work.  I get the little hour glass for a split second and then nothing else happens, the expected page does not open. So am I going to proceed. Looking at the forum, this seems to be a known issue, so I am surprised that no guidance has been posted yet. 

I have now managed to open the payroll reporting centre and notice that since the update to STP2, two prior pays were flagged with errors. In one case the resignation date was missing and in one case the Working Holiday Maker pay did not have the country included (which appears to be relevant in STP 2 but not STP1).  I have now amended the relevant employee cards and sent update events. These now show in online file as accepted (or at least the number of employees in the update event matches the number of employees in the last payroll).  I am not sure if there is any way to check on the accuracy of the current payroll data and more importantly, I am still not able to lodge a new payroll.  How am I going to make payment?  The error message now just states:  Validating payroll information for Single Touch Payroll failed.

• Hi TomD 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue with reporting STP from your pc.

When reconciling STP and payroll I think it helps to know where the reports get their data, so:

• the Payroll Activity report gets it's data from the pays processed in Process payroll
    • the Payroll Register, Payroll Summary and STP YTD reports all get their data from the employee card>>Pay history

My first step is to run the Activity and Register reports and make sure they are the same. You can then check those reports against the Summary of payments reports for employee values. Or, check the Payroll Summary report against the YTD verification report for employer values.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    TomD
    Trusted Cover User

Is there no solution to this?  Is MYOB official support ever monitoring these postings or is just a board for self-help. For a paid and rather expensive product I would assume that there are alternative support options like a ticket system or email support. 

• Hi TomD 

On the Community Forum we encourage users to offer assistance and advice. As such, you won't always receive and immediate reply from an MYOB Moderator. If you require immediate assistance we recommend reaching out to our phone-based or Live Chat teams.

Having said that, MYOB Moderators have replied to multiple posts regarding getting a Something went wrong error when trying to access the STP reporting centre or the reporting centre not opening. This particular issue is caused by out-of-date Windows versions and security certificates. To resolve that error we recommend making sure Windows and security updates are completed and that you are using a supported Windows version: System requirements

To assist with your issues, as you've sent an Update event the pay period amounts in the STP reporting centre will show as $0.00. This is because an Update event only sends the YTD amounts. A Pay event sends both pay period and YTD amounts. To check the correct YTD amounts have been sent to the ATO, click on the most recent STP report then click on View employee YTD report.

The message Validating payroll information for Single Touch Payroll failed indicates that there's Phase 2 changes that haven't been been completed. Can you send me a screenshot of when you get that message? If you click on Payroll reporting>>Check Payroll Details are there any items that need fixing?

Please let me know how you go.

TomD
      Trusted Cover User

Tracey,

thank you for your response.  I did search for this before my first post but I can't see how my pc is the issue as it is running the latest patched version of Win10.  

You are partially correct that the change to STP even though acknowledged to us via the system as OK - was not ok with two pending issues not being shown. One related to a WHM with STP now asking for the country which previously was not relevant and the second issue relating to a resignation date missing. After fixing these I was able to run the payroll but only using the online site via the browser. 

When using my normal workstation I am only getting a flash second of an attempt to open the reporting centre and then nothing happens. I can still use MYOB and enter transactions but the reporting centre does not open nor shows any error message.  I attach the screenshot but it does not provide any clue.  I just tried another workstation from a colleague and there the same happens (ie the reporting centre does not open in the application) but instead a browser opens asking me to log in and then once I do that, the reporting centre opens that way.  Is this what I should expect? Checking Payroll Details gets me the "nice one" all clear on all pc.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi TomD 

In STP Phase 2 the reporting centre does open in a browser so that is what you should expect. Pay runs can still be processed in the desktop or in the browser version. If the reporting centre opens on your colleague's pc but not yours, it does indicate the issue is environmental and something on your pc is blocking the reporting centre. Can you try to open the reporting centre and then send me a screenshot of the diagnostic log.

Can you also send me a screenshot of when you get Validating payroll information for Single Touch Payroll failed message?