Forum Discussion

MelK1
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

Payroll Tax

How do I manage Payroll Tax when I have employees in two different states?  I have employees in both QLD and NSW - so the payroll tax setup (and report) doesn't work for me because I can't separate out NSW from QLD.

What is the best report for me to extract the information I need for payroll tax?  That is, a payroll categories report that has totals per employee, not category.

• Hi MelK1,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Regarding your concern with how to manage payroll tax for your employees in two different states, please refer to this Help Article. Currently, there is no feature in the software to achieve what you are after, as it is only able to set up payroll tax for one state. As for the reports, you can only run the total amounts for payroll categories included in the payroll tax you've set up. For the totals per employee, you can run the Payroll Register Detail report to determine what was paid to the employee.

I highly recommend speaking with your accountant for specific advice on tax reporting for your business.

As we value you as our customers, we'll have this passed on to the relevant team.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MelK1,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Regarding your concern with how to manage payroll tax for your employees in two different states, please refer to this Help Article. Currently, there is no feature in the software to achieve what you are after, as it is only able to set up payroll tax for one state. As for the reports, you can only run the total amounts for payroll categories included in the payroll tax you've set up. For the totals per employee, you can run the Payroll Register Detail report to determine what was paid to the employee.

I highly recommend speaking with your accountant for specific advice on tax reporting for your business.

As we value you as our customers, we'll have this passed on to the relevant team.

Cheers,

Princess